- 0.1 Cookies Policy
- 0.2 Google Analytics
- 0.3 Mailing Lists
- 1 Access to your personal information
- 2 Changes to this Privacy Notice
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
– ISMOKE, or on behalf of ISMOKE, and are necessary to enable you to view our website correctly.
– third parties who operate the plugins we use to improve your site experience
– third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of ISMOKE.
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites
2. For ISMOKE to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable ISMOKE to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable ISMOKE to meet contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties, or for ISMOKE to receive affiliate funds when purchases are made from products discovered on our site (where applicable).
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third-party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
When someone visits ISMOKE we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our weekly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
In addition to those listed above, we use the following third-party providers: OneSignal allows us to push notification to those who have opted in. OneSignal is committed to helping clients be GDPR compliant when using their Web Push, Mobile Push, and E-mail products. You can read more here. Visitor Maps & Who’s Online allows us to see how many people are online at any one time and to view a map of visits for up to 30 days.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Tyler Green at [email protected]
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Updated May 2018