Yeah, I know what you are thinking, “Ew mayonnaise is nasty.” I ask you to leave your judgement in the yard until you try this cake. You will love it trust me.
This is a recipe that my great grandmother taught me, I just added herb and wow.
This recipe can be made as a double layer, 2 single layers or cupcakes.
First preheat oven to 180°c.
You will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water & 1 tsp vanilla
- Finely ground herb
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt.
- Cream sugar, mayonnaise & water, add vanilla
- combine with the dry ingredients
- add 1/2 oz. Herb).
- Grease and flour cake pans pour cake batter into pans place into oven and bake for 25 minutes
- remove cakes and let cool.
You can use any icing you like but, my personal favourite is creamy home-style coconut pecan.